One of the most classic expansions of The Sims franchise is the one with a university theme. Its first version appeared in The Sims 2 and since then, fans of the PC simulation game have always expected it to show up in every iteration of the game, and The Sims 4: Discover University had to be a thing!
Of course, knowing how much the fans value this content, EA Games has always included it as a full-size expansion pack. Fortunately, this expansion pack did not take long to be released and brought news beyond the elements already expected.
If you want to know absolutely everything about this package and decide if it is worth a place in your collection, we have put together a very detailed guide. Let’s talk about everything The Sims 4: Discover University offers and even offer you some cheat codes that can be very fun to play with. Check it out below!
Index of this article
The Sims 4: Discover University
As the name of the package already indicates, The Sims 4: Discover University focuses a lot on the student life of the young adults in the game. You can choose one of the two colleges available in the new world of Britechester depending on the course you want to take.
After doing that, it is necessary to go to class, do your projects and assignments, take tests, and even try to do extracurricular activities. All to ensure a successful graduation that will net you an advantage when it comes to getting a job.
But how does it all work? We will explain in more detail each university, what courses they have, and other aspects of the expansion so you don’t feel lost like a freshman who skipped orientation day!
To start, it is best to talk about the two universities that The Sims 4: Discover University has to offer. They are the University of Britechester and the Foxbury Institute, which offer the same courses, but stand out in different areas.
This means that if you want to have a distinguished degree in a specific course, you will have to choose a university in particular. If you don’t care, you can do a normal graduation in any of them.
This is a very traditional college and the highlight is the courses related to the arts and human studies. Other than that, your Sim can join the “Britechester Spirit Crew” and participate in game days.
So you can meet new Sims, show off your new dance moves, or promote the pride of the school’s mascot, the dragon. If you prefer, you can let your creativity flow and spend time with the “Art Society”.
Finally, there is also the option to participate in the “Debaters Guild” if you like the idea of facing other students in heated debates. Lots of interactions between studies and new gameplay elements do mess around with.
Undergraduate courses: Biology, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Psychology, and Villainy.
Distinguishing undergraduate courses: Art History, Culinary Arts, Theater, Fine Arts, History, Letters and Literature, and Communication.
The Foxbury Institute – the second University of The Sims 4 that you can discover – is much more modern, including the structure of its campus. For those interested, its outstanding courses are those in the areas of science and technology in general.
For those who enjoy more of the fun part of the university, it is possible to join the “Foxbury Spirit Group”. In it, you can wear school-colored clothes, drink from the “juice” keg, hold ping-pong championships with “juice”, or go running without clothes, American Pie style.
If you prefer, you can join the “Geniuses of Robotics” to build your own robots. You can even take your creation to the Utility Robot Contest and win a prize if you have the best of all.
Undergraduate courses: Art History, Culinary Arts, Theater, Fine Arts, History, Writing, and Literature and Communication.
Distinguishing undergraduate courses: Biology, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Psychology, and Villainy.
Paying for studies
Going against the almost always utopic design of Sim-Society, like in real life, going to a university may not be the cheapest thing in the world. In fact, both schools require a good investment, so it is best to prepare very well before you go out and try to graduate, or you might end up as a young adult living on the streets – again, just like in real life!
In the case of The Sims 4: Discover University, there are many scholarships and grants available to students with some academic and athletic talent, as well as scholarships based on needs. Even if your Sim has already started their professional life and wants to advance their studies, they can get a career scholarship, for example.
You will be able to find out which scholarships are available through any computer within the game. In general, having good grades or being good at an athletic ability helps a lot.
It is worth mentioning that your Sims – just like in real life – also have a chance to make a huge mistake and take on student loans. In this way, they can finance their education, but payments will begin to fall due as soon as they graduate, so plan accordingly and try to avoid falling victim to this evil scheme.
If you don’t have rich parents, preparation is everything at this stage of Sims’ lives, so it might be a good idea to get a part-time job or try to get some savings beforehand. Whatever is most comfortable for your playstyle.
We can recommend the classics gardening or painting in case you don’t wanna commit to a more formal job. Writing songs or books might also give you a steady income, but it will require more time if you want it to be your primary source of income.
Living on Campus
Fortunately, colleges have several facilities for students to live on or off-campus. Decorating dorms, spending time with roommates, or playing ping pong are just a few of the new experiences your Sims can enjoy.
On campus, you can have a study session in the living area or participate in activities after class with the Football and E-Sports teams. These are just some of the examples, as the place is full of things to do.
You just can’t let all these distractions make you forget about classes, exams, and presentations. You may even lose your scholarship if your grades start to drop, so discipline should never be abandoned.
With an expansion focusing so much on studies to pursue a successful career, it is not surprising that new professional areas have been added. This time, we have no less than three new professions.
They are the careers of Education, Law, and Engineering. Nothing is more perfect than the classic professions that we thought of when someone went to college, isn’t it ?!
New objects, clothes, and hair
There are also lots of new objects, furniture, clothing, hair, and accessories for your Sims. These are very varied things, but many of them end up focusing on the university theme of the package itself.
One of the coolest new features is the bicycle, which you can use to get around the campus with ease and speed – and it will help you to stay in shape. Since we hadn’t seen other types of transportation in The Sims 4 before Discover University – despite fans asking, begging, and sometimes threatening the devs for cars and busses – this is a great addition.
The Sims 4: Discover University cheat codes
Cheat codes have always been available in all games in The Sims franchise. They can either help you with extra money or make the game more flexible in other ways.
In the case of The Sims 4: Discover University, there are specific cheat codes for the expansion. This can help you with small elements added with this DLC if you are having difficulties.
To start using the cheats, press the “Ctrl”, “Shift” and “C” keys at the same time. This will open the field for entering the cheat codes. Start by entering “testingcheats true” and press the Enter key. This will make cheat codes available in your game. Remember to always repeat this process when you open the game again, if you want to play with cheat codes.
Just copy and paste the ones you want to activate and press the Enter key. It is worth mentioning that cheats are disabled when you close the game, but those that have made fixed changes to Sims’ lives – like giving you more money or increasing a Skill – will remain.
1. Obtain undergraduate degrees
As you can see, student life is far from easy in The Sims 4: Discover University. Therefore, we understand if you want to streamline your studies with cheat codes to obtain your graduation diploma. Go ahead and try it out, don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone! Just bear in mind, each course has its own code, so choose the right one:
- Earns Britechester Art History diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBA
- Obtains Britechester Art History diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBAHonors
- Earns Foxbury’s History of Art diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBS
- Earns the Foxbury Art History diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBSHonors
- Obtains the Britechester Biology diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBA
- Obtains the Britechester Biology diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBAHonors
- Obtains the Foxbury Biology degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBS
- Obtains the Foxbury Biology diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBAHonors
- Earns Britechester Communication Diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBA
- Obtains the Britechester Communication diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBAHonors
- Earns Foxbury Communication Diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBS
- Obtains the Foxbury Communication diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBSHonors
- Earns the Computer Science degree from Britechester: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBA
- Earns Britechester Computer Science diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBAHonors
- Earns Foxbury Computer Science diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBS
- Earns Foxbury Computer Science diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBSHonors
- Earns the Culinary Arts degree from Britechester: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBA
- Earns the Culinary Arts degree from Britechester with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBAHonors
- Earns Foxbury Culinary Arts diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBS
- Earns the Foxbury Culinary Arts degree with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBSHonors
- Obtains Britechester Drama Diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBA
- Obtains Britechester Drama Diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBAHonors
- Obtains Foxbury Drama diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBS
- Obtains Foxbury Drama diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBSHonors
- Earns Britechester’s Economics degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBA
- Obtains the Britechester Economics degree with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBAHonors
- Earns Foxbury’s Economics degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBS
- Earns the Foxbury degree in Economics with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBSHonors
- Obtains the diploma of Fine Arts from Britechester: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBA
- Obtains the Britechester Fine Arts diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBAHonors
- Obtains the Foxbury Fine Arts Diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBS
- Obtains Foxbury’s Fine Arts degree with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBSHonors
- Earns Britechester History Diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBA
- Obtains the Britechester History diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBAHonors
- Obtains the Foxbury History diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBS
- Obtains the Foxbury History diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBSHonors
- Earns Britechester Language and Literature diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBA
- Obtains the Britechester Language and Literature diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBAHonors
- Earns Foxbury Language and Literature diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBS
- Obtains Foxbury’s Language and Literature diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBSHonors
- Earns Britechester Physics diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBA
- Obtains the Britechester Physics degree with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBAHonors
- Obtains the Foxbury Physics diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBS
- Earns the Foxbury Physics degree with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBSHonors
- Earns Britechester Psychology Diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBA
- Obtains the Britechester Psychology diploma with distinction:
- Obtains the Foxbury Psychology diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBS
- Obtains the Foxbury Psychology degree with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBSHonors
- Get the Vilechester Vilania diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBA
- Obtains the Vilechester Vilania diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBAHonors
- Get Foxbury’s Vilania diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBS
- Obtains the Foxbury Vilania diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBSHonors
2. Career promotions
If you don’t want to spend a lot of time trying to get that desired promotion in the new careers of the expansion, you can use some cheat codes. This goes for both new normal careers and part-time jobs that have been added for students.
- Level up in the Education career: Careers.Promote Education
- Leveling up in the law career: Careers.Promote Engineering
- Level up in the Engineering career: Careers.Promote Law
- Level up in a Football Team Volunteer career: careers.promote careers_Volunteer_SoccerTeam
- Level up in the e-Sports Volunteer career: careers.promote career_Volunteer_E-Sports
3. Increase skills
As expected, there are also some new skills in The Sims 4: Discover University. They are “Robotics” and “Research and debate”, and it is possible to increase them up to level 10.
If you don’t want to do this manually, just use a cheat code. Insert the codes below in your game, replacing only the number that we put as “[1-10]” with the number of the level that you want to set the skill into the correspondent level.
- Increases the level of the Robotic skill: Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_Robotics [1-10]
- Raises skill level Research and debate: Stats.set_Skill_level Major_ResearchDebate [1-10]
Did you like the tips?
Were any of our tips helpful to you in learning more about The Sims 4: Discover University? Don’t forget to leave your comment telling us what you think and if you liked the expansion pack.