I can’t put a link in my TikTok bio: 5 reasons why (2023)
TikTok has become one of the most popular social networks, both for personal and business use. These accounts may put a link in their TikTok bio, but it is also possible that issues will occur that prevent them from doing so.
To put a link in your Instagram or TikTok bio, it is recommended to use specific platforms, such as those listed among the bestLinktree alternatives. However, we can already say that the best of them is:
In this article, we are going to talk about some of the main reasons why users are unable to add links to their TikTok bio. Read on and find out why!
1. You don’t have enough followers
Back in the day, it was possible to put a link in your TikTok bio regardless of how many followers you had. However, this caused a lot of problems with spam.
As a result, TikTok released an update in January 2022 that prevents users with low followings from putting links in their bio. The minimum number you need to have is 1000 followers to be able to put a link in your TikTok bio!
2. You still use a Personal Account
Another TikTok restriction that prevents many users from putting links in their bio is that a Personal Account does not have access to this tool! That is, it will be necessary to switch to a Business Account.
The process to switch to a Business Account is quite simple, as we will explain in the following steps:
- 1. First, open the TikTok app and click on your profile icon in the lower right corner of the screen;
- 2. Now, click on the three dashes in the upper right corner of the screen;
- 3. Then tap Settings & Privacy on the menu that appears;
- 3. To proceed, tap Account, which will be near the top of the screen;
- Then tap Switch to Business Account ;
- 5. You will see a screen talking a little about the Corporate Account. Click Next a few times;
- 6. Choose the category that best suits your account and tap Next;
- 7. Add your email and bio to the profile if you don’t already have them, or skip this step. And that’s it, you already have a Business Account!
3. You may need to register your Business Account
If you have a Business Account but cannot add the link, you will need to complete the Business Registration. For that, follow the steps:
- 1. First, open the TikTok app and tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen;
- 2. Now, tap on the three dashes in the upper right corner of the screen;
- 3. Then tap Business suite;
- Tap on the Business Registration option ;
- 5. Now, add the requested information, including company name, address, business license ID, and more. Click Next ;
- 6. Then, upload your proof of Business license ID to proceed and click Save and then Next ;
- 7. To complete, confirm that you represent the company via voice call or SMS. All set!
4. You’re trying to add the link on your computer
Another restriction on placing a link in TikTok’s bio is that you cannot do it on your computer. That is, the process is limited exclusively to the TikTok app, whether on iPhone or Android.
As such, use your smartphone to add the link!
5. The tool is not available in your country
The link in the bio feature was released a long time ago. Still, there are certain places where the functionality is not available. But you can be sure that the feature has already been released in the USA (and most countries, for that matter)!
So, if you can’t put the link in your bio at all, try to find out if it’s available in your country!
How to put a link in the TikTok bio?
If you want to put a link in TikTok’s bio, the process is very simple to do and is quite similar to Instagram. Follow the steps:
- 1. First, open the TikTok application and then click on your profile icon in the lower right corner of the home screen;
- 2. Now, tap on Edit Profile ;
- 3. Scroll down and click the Website button to add the desired website;
- In addition, you can add Action Buttons, which are means of facilitating contact with you. All set!!
If you’ve tried everything and still can’t link to your TikTok bio, you can try the following ideas:
Add a non-clickable link
This, anyone can do, and your followers can copy the link and paste it into their browser. To do so, simply go to Edit Profile, click on Bio, and write the link. Click Save and you’re done!
Connect TikTok with Instagram
Another thing you can do is link your TikTok account with your Instagram account. To do this, just go to Edit Profile, scroll to the Social section and click on Instagram, then log in. Now, your TikTok followers can see your Instagram, and on Instagram, it’s very simple to link in your bio!
Why doesn’t the website option appear on my TikTok?
Generally speaking, when the website option doesn’t appear on TikTok, it’s because you don’t have a Business Account. So, go to your profile, and settings, tap account, and click the Switch to Business Account button!
How to put a website link in the TikTok bio?
To put a website link in your TikTok bio, just go to Edit Profile and click on the Website button. If this button does not appear, switch to the Business Account
How to put a link on the TikTok profile?
It’s very easy to put a link on your TikTok profile. Simply tap Edit Profile and then scroll to the Website button. Click on it and write the URL of the desired website!