The highly sought-after Alexa virtual assistant is getting to more and more places all around the world. It is one of the biggest competitors to Apple’s Siri, for instance. Just like the rival, there are many things to ask Alexa, and here we talk about some of the best.
What are these things? Similar to its rival – with many of the funny things to tell Siri -, there are a lot of different ways to interact with Amazon’s virtual assistant.
If you are a subscriber to the Amazon Prime Video service, your array of possibilities increases, but you can see all about it in the list down below.
Keep reading and learn which ones are the best things to ask Alexa!
Index of this article
Things to ask Alexa – Who is?
In this first section, you can ask Alexa for info about public people, particularly those who are well-renowned. Check some suggestions down below to learn which type of people you can search using the virtual assistant.
Nessa categoria de frases, você pode pedir à Alexa informações sobre pessoas públicas, especialmente as de grande renome. Veja algumas sugestões abaixo para entender que tipo de pessoas pode procurar com a assistente virtual.
- Alexa, who is Freddie Mercury?
- Alexa, who is Albert Einstein?
- Alexa, who is Bill Gates?
- Alexa, who is Jeff Bezos?
- Alexa, who is Ayrton Senna?
- Alexa, tell me all about Jennifer Lawrence – You can use this for any actor or actress in shows or movies you’re watching
- Alexa, what’s the name of Daft Punk’s members? – Find out the real names of these artists.
- Alexa, who is Pythagoras? – Find out who was the Greek mathematician and philosopher.
- Alexa, who has their birthday today? – Learn which celebrities are celebrating their birthday today.
- Alexa, what is Instagram?
This category is nearly limitless since Alexa searches in engines such as Google and Bing to find out and give you the correct answer.
Which things to say to start commands?
Some of the best things to ask Alexa are just basic commands. Since this is the most useful part of this device, we will talk about some of the commands you can give to the virtual assistant.
So that all of the commands are clear, we will explain all the sentences that aren’t self-explanatory.
- Alexa, start Rain Sounds – here, you ask the device to play any of the many calming and relaxing sounds from its library. You can easily ask for similar sounds.
- Alexa, give me news about AppTuts.
- Alexa, show me some study playlists.
- Alexa, remind me to start practicing gymnastics every day.
- Alexa, send a message to Dad – keep in mind that you need to have the person on your contacts, and how they relate to you.
- Alexa, what’s the weather forecast in New Your City? – here, we use NYC as nothing more than an example. Alexa can easily find out and tell you the forecast in the city you live in or wherever else you might want.
- Alexa, what are the news? – when giving this order to the device, it will tell you a summary of all the news found in around 100 websites, newspapers, and online magazines from its searches.
- Alexa, play romantic music – it does also work with any other music genre.
- Alexa, play pop songs.
- Alexa, where are my orders? – it lets you receive an update about any of your online purchases made on Amazon.
- Alexa, start a drop-in in the kitchen – the feature lets you transfer and start a chat between different rooms in your house.
- Alexa, wake me up with upbeat songs – use this command to set up a routine in which Alexa’s inbuilt alarm clock will use upbeat songs to wake you up.
- Alexa, what’s this song?
- Alexa, how cold will it be tomorrow in San Francisco? – it works for any city.
- Alexa, what day of the month is it today?
- Alexa, show my Facebook pictures.
- Alexa, how does my schedule look like today?
- Alexa, add bananas to my shopping list – bananas are nothing more than an example, you can include any other product you need to buy.
- Alexa, play some kitten videos on YouTube – yet again, an example, but you can play any sort of video you want. It’s worth mentioning that this is one of the best things to ask Alexa that only works on the Amazon Echo Show devices.
- Alexa, what’s the weather this afternoon?
- Alexa, let everyone know that dinner’s ready. – ideal for communicating with the other rooms in the house.
- Alexa, play Shape of You by Ed Sheeran. – he’s one of the most popular artists on Spotify!
- Alexa, create a new playlist – the playlist will be created according to your music taste on Amazon music
- Alexa, pause the music.
- Alexa, how much does petrol cost today? – you can use it to figure out the prices for other financial products.
- Alexa, send a message.
- Alexa, get the party ready! – creates a routine in which the songs you’ve chosen will be played at the party.
- Alexa, add write the article for AppTuts in the task list.
- Alexa, remind me to go to the market.
- Alexa, remind me to go to the market on 05/19 at 1 PM.
- Alexa, create a new Amazon Music playlist.
- Alexa, wake me up playing punk – you can use it for any music genre.
- Alexa, wake me up playing Against Me! – you can use it for any group.
- Alexa, what time is it in London? – ideal for those who need to make a phone call with people in a different time zone.
- Alexa, how do you say happy birthday in Korean? – you can use Alexa as if it was Google Translate.
- Alexa, remind me to pick up the clothes at the laundry tomorrow at 9 AM.
- Alexa, I want to meditate. – Enables skills that help you relax and meditate.
- Alexa, I want to follow Slothrust on Amazon Music – it works for any artist.
- Alexa, open up Ambient Sounds.
- Alexa, play Jazz.
- Alexa, I want a recipe for onion soup.
- Alexa, remind me to take my vitamins at 11 AM.
- Alexa, add this song to my library.
- Alexa, skip this song.
- Alexa, open up sleep sounds.
- Alexa, I want a recipe for a birthday cake.
- Alexa, call my grandpa’s Echo.
- Alexa, remind me to water my plants – every day the assistant will remind you to do it.
- Alexa, wake me up with songs – your alarm clock will now be any song in Amazon Music’s library.
- Alexa, wake me up in the morning.
The best jokes, questions, fun phrases, and things to ask Alexa
Above, we talked about some of the commands we can give Alexa. But she’s good for much more than just reminders and task and productivity lists!
Just like Siri, Alexa also has some extremely funny answers according to what you ask. To check some of the ways to have fun with phrases to tell Alexa, check out down below.
- Alexa, open up The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – yep, the PC game that got so well known for being released on almost all platforms is also available on Alexa. We’re not kidding here.
- Alexa, how to help my kids have fun at home? – the app will give you some great suggestions about activities and games!]
- Alexa, tell me a curiosity – it tells any type of curiosity or fact that’s seeing a lot of comments.
- Alexa, tell me a curiosity about Elon Musk – differently from the Who is?, here Alexa will only tell you a curiosity about the celebrity you ask her about.
- Alexa, tell me a joke – you can ask her several different times: she has a lot of options to answer all the best things to ask Alexa.
- Alexa, can you tell me a Star Wars joke?
- Alexa, Star Wars or Star Trek? – just be careful so you don’t get hurt with the answer Alexa gives you about this dispute between the science fiction movies.
- Alexa, start a comedy show – she will start playing on your Smart TV one of the shows in this genre on Amazon Prime Video.
- Alexa, sing me a love song – she will not start a romance playlist. Alexa also has some great singing skills, as you are about to find out!
- Alexa, why is the first of May a holiday? – find out curiosities about national and universal holidays.
- Alexa, good morning!
- Alexa, tell me an Easter joke. – she can also tell you themed jokes!
- Alexa, to be or not to be? – are you ready for a philosophy lesson given out by an artificial intelligence?
- Alexa, open up Meal Pacls – it opens up the Sorted Food’s recipe app on your phone.
- Alexa, start up a 20-minute timer – ideal for you to time tasks or cooking time for different recipes.
- Alexa, are eggs a vegan option? – ideal to figure out if an ingredient in your recipe is vegan.
- Alexa, choose a number from one to ten.
- Alexa, what is your favorite Pokémon?
- Alexa, start the TikTok challenge – you will create a photoshoot to take part in the ever-popular TikTok Challenges.
- Alexa, tell me a soap opera sentence – ideal to remind yourself of the classic phrases.
- Alexa, are we in the Matrix?
- Alexa, tell me a science joke.
- Alexa, how old are you?
- Alexa, do you know Siri?
- Alexa, what happens if you step on a Lego.
- Alexa, play a pop radio
- Alexa, sing a special congratulations!
- Alexa, tell me a curiosity about yourself.
- Alexa, spice up my day – she will tell you jokes, curiosities, and play songs to make your day livelier.
- Alexa, can you rap?
- Alexa, can you sing in autotune?
- Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya.
- Alexa, do you believe in ghosts?
- Alexa, are you married?
- Alexa, what’s your favorite color?
- Alexa, who is on first?
- Alexa, beam me up.
- Alexa, how much do you weigh?
- Alexa, how was your day?
- Alexa, can you talk like Yoda?
- Alexa, what do you think about Cortana?
What do you think of Alexa?
Available for all of the Echo products, as well as most smartphones, Alexa is amazing to manage your life and easily get access to all your smart products. Let us know in the comments what are your thoughts about Alexa and which ones of its features do you use most!