One of the main causes of low smartphone storage is having too many apps installed, many of which you don’t even use. In this article, we’ll teach you how to easily find and delete apps you never use on Android.
If you are interested in finding out which apps are simply taking up space for no reason on your smartphone, just check out this guide to delete them and free up many megabytes (or gigabytes) right now!
How to find and delete apps you never use on Android!
Without any further ado, we will teach you the main steps that are required to do this. It’s really simple!
- 1. The first step is to install the Google Files app. It is one of the best file managers for Android, and you can see more by following this link to the Play Store;
- 2. With it installed, open it and, on the app’s home screen, tap Clean;
- 3. On this screen, you can see exactly how much of your storage is being used;
- 4. By tapping on storage, you will be able to see a breakdown of what is using it;
- 5. Now, tap the Apps option to find and delete apps you never use;
- 6. In the upper-right corner of your screen, tap the three dots;
- 7. Then tap Sort by;
- 8. Select Newest First or Oldest First;
- 9. On this screen, you will find out which ones are the apps you never use on Android, and you will be able to delete them;
- 10. To delete, tap the three-dot menu beside it and then Uninstall;
- 11. Repeat the process for each of the apps you want to remove from your Android smartphone and you’re done!
And how to do this using Samsung My Files?
Now, if you have a Samsung smartphone, the default file management app is My Files. It has a very similar functionality to Google Files to find and delete Android apps you never use. To use it, follow the steps:
- 1. To get started, open the My Files app. To do this, just search for My Files in the search bar of your smartphone;
- 2. Now scroll to the end and then tap the Analyze Storage option;
- 3. Then at the bottom of the next screen, you will find the Unused Apps option. Tap it to find and delete apps you never use;
- 4. Finally, just select the ones you want to delete and tap on the Uninstall option!
Did you like our guide?
Leave your opinion in the comments, letting us know if we were able to help you free up more storage space on your smartphone or if you had any problems. Don’t forget to also check out the games to install if you’re low on storage and the best cloud storage services!