3 Apps to monitor your child’s messages in 2023
With the increasing use of smartphones and easy access to the internet, parents are concerned about who their children are chatting with on messaging apps. Protecting children’s privacy can be difficult, but there are free parental control apps available to help, however, it is not always an easy task to choose among the apps to monitor your child’s messages.
In this sense, one of the ways to keep your child safe is by using this type of software. One of the best-known apps for this is Qustodio. It allows parents to monitor their children’s activity on electronic devices. mSpy is also very popular, as it allows real-time monitoring of the devices it has been installed on.
Apps to monitor children’s messages allow parents to see who they are talking to, what they are talking about, and at what times. Additionally, they can alert guardians when specific keywords are used in a conversation. As a result, guardians are able to stay alert in times of danger.
What is the best app to monitor your child’s cell phones?
Although the use of smartphones is very useful for keeping in touch with family and friends, accessing information, and even helping with schoolwork, they also pose a potential risk to the safety of children and adolescents.
So it’s natural that you look for apps to monitor your child’s messages. However, choosing the best app to monitor your children’s cell phones can be a challenging task, as there are several options on the market.
It is important to consider aspects such as data security, compatibility with the device’s operating system, the features offered, and the cost of the service. Therefore, we will present you with the best options present in this market so that you can see which one best fits your needs.
Among the applications to monitor children’s messages, we can highlight mSpy. The app offers various features such as tracking text messages, monitoring phone calls, accessing internet browsing history, and real-time location of the device.
In addition, mSpy offers you great peace of mind by being able to monitor your child’s every keystroke and touch on the smartphone. You can even read deleted messages with the app and still see sent and received photos.
- Security and privacy: in order to keep information private, mSpy uses bank encryption to transmit it. So only you can see them.
- Additional features: although its focus is on apps to monitor your child’s messages, with mSpy you get a plus with features that give you access to the contact book and view photos and videos stored on the device.
- Trials: mSpy does not offer a trial period. Therefore, you need to pay to test the app before knowing if it will be right for you.
- Plans: A subscription plan covers only one device. You will need to purchase two subscriptions if you want to monitor two or more devices. Undoubtedly, this is a problem for guardians who want access to more than one of their child’s devices.
Know more: TikTok parental control: how to use it?
Eyezy is a parental control app that allows parents to monitor their children’s text messages and calls. So they can make sure they’re communicating with safe and appropriate people, you can get access to what’s being typed on popular social media apps like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Skype, Instagram, and Facebook.
Additionally, parents can set custom rules and limits for children and teens and track their child’s location in real time. In the latter case, it is even possible to define safe zones so that you can be alerted when your children leave or arrive at specific places.
- Uses artificial intelligence: so you don’t have to constantly monitor the app, Eyezy has an AI that sends you alerts if there is anything suspicious about your child’s activity on electronic devices. If they’re talking, chatting, or looking for something controversial or inappropriate, Eyezy lets you know.
- Calendar: The application allows you to view your child’s social calendar and know what they are doing and the people involved in an activity. That way, it gives you an easy way to keep them from participating in things you don’t approve of.
- Content Filtering: Although it is one of the best apps to monitor your child’s messages, Eyezy doesn’t achieve the same excellence when it comes to blocking specific websites and apps. The application needs to evolve so that inappropriate content cannot escape the filter.
- Data synchronization: Eyezy has slow information synchronization. This can cause frustration and negatively impact the efficiency of those who need to monitor their child’s messages.
Closing the list of applications to monitor children’s messages, let’s talk about Qustodio. By using this app, you can find out who the child or teenager is talking to and the scope of the conversation. By knowing this content, you can block inappropriate contacts directly from Qustodio.
The software also offers features that make it possible to block inappropriate content, control the time of use of applications and devices, location tracking, and monitoring of social networks. In addition, it allows parents to set time limits for their children to spend on the internet and even block network access at specific times.
- Alerts: Qustodio has suspicious activity alert features and real-time notifications. This way, you can immediately know if your kids are accessing inappropriate content or engaging in dangerous online behavior.
- Plans: Qustodio is the most cost-effective app on our list, as it not only has the lowest prices, it allows you to monitor more than one device.
- Panic Button: This feature is designed to provide a way for children to send an alert directly and quickly from their phones to emergency contacts. Although Qustodio can be downloaded on both Android and iOS, this function is not available for people with Apple devices.
- Performance: The software can slow down devices or cause connectivity issues. Therefore, if your child’s device has limited features, it may be a problem for day-to-day activities.
Apps to Monitor Your Child’s Messages: The Downside
Now that you know the best apps in this area, let’s highlight something very important. No app replaces constant supervision and dialogue between parents and children. Always talk to the child and/or teenager about the dangers of talking to a stranger on the internet and show that you are available for whatever they need, especially when they feel cornered.
Excessive monitoring can damage your child’s trust and privacy, and can even lead to a decrease in open communication between you. Therefore, seek to establish clear limits so that your relationship with your child is preserved in a healthy way.