Have you ever completely deleted some pictures from your SD Card and instantly regret it? And now, you’re wondering if there’s anything you can do about it! Well, there’s a photo recovery software called Wondershare Recoverit that can truly help you to recover deleted photos from your SD.
In this article, you’ll learn quite a bit more about it, how to recover permanently deleted photos using it, and all of its main features. So, if you’re interested, just keep reading!
Index of this article
What is Wondershare Recoverit?
Before we go in too deep talking about anything else, we need to talk about what exactly this software is! Wondershare Recoverit is a software nearly 20 years in the making, with more than 35 different data recovery patents.
It offers state-of-the-art solutions to restore deleted photos and videos with a high recovery rate, which makes it a great option. It restores videos, photos, and audio files easily!
Offering comprehensive scanning, the software scrubs the storage devices to find all deleted files with much higher accuracy than other solutions. Further, you can preview the data before recovering and you don’t pay for anything if the software can’t retrieve it.
Cases where you need to recover deleted photos from SD card
There are many ways you can lose your files, and Wondershare Recoverit has got you covered!
If you intentionally deleted photos but regretted it, formatted an SD card you didn’t mean to do so (or forgot to back up data), lost a partition on a device, had a system crash, or you face a whole lot of other scenarios, the software can likely restore!
In most cases, Recoverit can find and recover your deleted photos from the SD card. Want to know why? Because when you delete a file, it is not actually deleted, they simply become inaccessible to the user until new data overwrites them.
That means you need to completely stop using your device (in this case, the SD card) as soon as you realize you need to recover photos. This will prevent new data from overwriting the pictures. So, remove your SD card from your device!
How to use Wondershare Recoverit for photo recovery
If you want to recover permanently deleted photos, we’ll teach you how to do so with this software! Keep in mind that it is impossible to do so without a software, and using something as advanced as Recoverit is a good idea to improve the success rate.
Wondershare Recoverit works with thousands of different storage devices, offering full support to digital cameras, action cams, and drones from brands such as Nikon, Canon, Sony, Fuji, GoPro, and more. Of course, you can restore from memory cards of all types, Android phones, computers, Laptops, SSDs, HDDs, and a lot more. From all sorts of brands!
The software also works with more than 1000 different file formats, which means that no matter what you’ve lost, you can likely get it back without issue! The formats are so many and so varied it’s not even worth it listing, but you can recover images, videos, audio, office files, varied documents, emails, and more.
Further, you can preview loads of different formats, as long as the files are no larger than 30MB.
To start the process to recover deleted photos from the SD card, you need to download and install the software on your Windows or Mac computer. After that, you need to open Recoverit and follow this tutorial:
- Select your SD card: when the software opens, it will show all the connected drives. Selected the correct SD card to proceed;
- Scan: now, you need to perform a thorough scan to find all the lost files within the drive;
- Preview and recover: now you can see everything that was found, previewing all the data before choosing what to recover. If it worked right, you’ve learned how to get deleted pictures back! Just select the ones you want and then click on Recover.
However, there’s a chance your SD card got corrupted. And if that is the case, things simply won’t be that easy! Even so, there are a few things you can try to salvage your data with Wondershare Recoverit:
- Use chckdsk: chckdsk is a Windows command that will check the drive for any faults and automatically try to fix them;
- Plug your SD card into your computer;
- Click the Windows button, type in cmd, and hit enter;
- Finally, type chkdsk SD card letter: /f. For example, chkdsk H: /f. If it worked, you can try the photo recovery again. If it didn’t, follow the next step.
- Reinstall the driver: another option to recover deleted photos is to reinstall the driver for the sd card:
- Open up any Windows folder. Now, right-click the This PC icon and click on Manage;
- Next, go to Device Manager and click on it;
- Expand the Portable Devices category and uninstall your SD card’s driver;
- Now, reboot your computer and plug the SD card in again. If it still didn’t work, try the next step.
- Change the drive letter: something that might also help is changing the drive letter, as this can cause issues;
- After plugging in the SD card, if you get the Please insert the disk into drive E message (which means the device is unreadable), then just go to your disk manager, right-click the SD card, and click Change Drive Letter and Paths…. Then, select a new letter;
- Remove bad sectors: the last option is removing bad sectors so you can restore photos;
- First, you need to connect your SD card to your computer;
- Then, find it, right-click on it, and click Properties;
- Next, go to the Tools tab and click Check;
- Now, just wait for the scan to finish and fix any possible errors.
After doing all of this, it’s likely you have succeeded in image recovery. After all, not only have you fixed a possibly corrupted SD card, but you also have learned all the steps of how to get back deleted pictures using Wondershare Recoverit!
How to avoid needing to recover deleted photos from SD card
Even if you have this amazing tool to recover deleted photos from the SD card, it never is fun losing them in the first place. As such, there are a few tips we can give you on how to prevent from ever needing to recover pictures ever again!
- Don’t format your SD card without backing up your data;
- Try to fix bad sectors before there are too many of them;
- Regularly back up your important data, whether that’s to the cloud or to your computer;
- Use antiviruses to prevent data-deleting viruses;
- Always safely eject your SD card before pulling it out, as SD cards are prone to corruption in this scenario;
- Always store your SD card safely when not in use.
Is Wondershare Recoverit worth it?
So, after all this, you have learned how to recover permanently deleted photos from SD. And in our opinion, the software is extremely worth it, offering support to pretty much everything you could want or need!
The price might seem somewhat steep, but at 159 USD for permanent access, it certainly is a bargain! After all, you’ll be able to forever retrieve all of your lost data without issue.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and get it right now!